Cynthia L Kelly, CP, LMT, PT, AOBTA
Cindy has had a vast experience in sports from an early age. Cindy started her competitive sports career at the age of seven when she showed an aptitude for spring board diving and swimming; her mother quickly got her daughter on the swim team. Although diving was her primary sport through young adult hood she excelled in many other arenas; tennis, equitation, curling, to skating. She won multiple awards which lead to a collegiate scholarship.
After college, she started a family and raised three children. At age 30 she took on martial arts, to inspire self confidence in her six year old son. Martial arts ended up in a career spanning 18 years, achieving multiple levels of black belt in several art disciplines, world titles, hall of fame inductions, opening a martial arts school, and stunt work for films before moving to Chicago in 2006.
In Chicago, her interests shifted to the Asian healing arts instead of the fighting arts, as is often the path of accomplished traditional martial artists.Her talents were unified and magnified by the years of study and graduation from Zen Shiatsu Chicago in Evanston.In a very short period of time following her graduation from Zen Shiatsu Chicago, she has created loyal following providing clients with an individualized, appropriate, alternative holistic approach to bodywork that helps balance energy levels and relax the mind and body.
Cindy utilizes many popular styles of bodywork including Zen Shiatsu, Acupressure, Reiki, Chakra Balancing, and Western massage. Her style is unique and she is highly respected among her peers. Cindy is a focused, highly skilled Asian body work practitioner, with over a decade of experience in a variety of skills and varying modalities helping individuals of all ages achieve the highest quality of life possible, using ancient proven methods of Asian bodywork to bring the body into a balanced, healthy functioning state of being, thereby reducing stress, anxiety, illness, and pain.She has two convenient locations in the city and she makes home visits available.
For those seeking a highly qualified Asian bodywork practitioner and an amazing relaxing/balancing experience call Cindy Kelly today to schedule an appointment.
Zen Shiatsu, Acupressure, Reiki
Education, Certifications, Organizations:
- Certified Practitioner: AOBTA (American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia), 2013
- Zen Shiatsu Chicago, 2013
- Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals, ABMP, 2012
- National Association for Professional Women, NAPW, 2012
- Tallgrass Animal Acupressure Institute, 2012
- Yogananda Institute, Chakra Balancing, 2012
- Fundamentals of Brennan Healing Science, 2012
- Zen Shiatsu Pre- Natal, 2012
- Shiatsu Low Back Pain, 2012
- Shiatsu Neck Techniques, 2012
- Acupressure for Face, Hands and Feet, 2012
- Acupressure Specialist for Back pain, 2012
- ISSA, Certified Fitness Trainer, 1998 to present
- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, 2010
- Reiki Master/Teacher, Usui System of Natural Healing, 2008
- Aromatherapy 101, Universal Online School, 2008
- Longevity Wellness Specialist, GMP Fitness, 2004
- United States Karate Federation, 6th Degree Black Belt, 2006
- International SanRyuDo Federation, 5th Degree Black Belt, 2006
- Ateru Worldwide Assoc. Shotokan 4th Degree Black Belt, 2005
- Master Kickboxing Instructor, 2001
- British Institute of Homeopathy, 2 years, 2006
- Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Jackson University, MI, 2004
- B.S., Psychology, Belford University, 1982
- B.F.A., Northern Michigan University 1980